The celery juice craze is real and if you ask me, it is for good reason. I have been drinking celery juice regularly for awhile now and not only can I see a noticeable difference on days I don’t drink it – but I CRAVE it. Usually, on days I don’t drink my celery juice I have unexpectedly run out of celery and/or don’t have time to run to the juice bar. To be fair, sometimes I buy the grocery store’s entire stock of celery. It sounds like I would have celery for days – but you’d be surprised how fast it goes when I am making it for my husband and I. The recommended amount of celery juice is 16 oz on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning – and believe me, the (what felt like millions of) celery stalks go quick.
- Improved Focus: In an age where everyone and everything is fighting for our attention, improved focused is a true luxury and so is anything that supports it. (Hence my obsession with meditation.) If I had to put a numerical value on it, I would say that celery juice improves my focus 5x or more. Who can say no to that?
- Improved Digestion: When celery juice is consumed first thing in your day, the natural sodium content of the vegetable juice raises your stomach acid. This helps your body break down your food in a more effective manner, especially proteins. Proteins are broken down into amino acids, which are the precursors of neurotransmitters, hence – the improved focus mentioned above.
- Reduced Bloat: When your body is digesting and breaking down your food in an improved manner, this reduces fatigue and bloat. Not only does celery juice improve digestion to reduce bloat, but it also is a diuretic to aid with detoxification. Both of these aspects of celery juice have helped me not feel that uncomfortable heaviness after meals.
- Vitamins / Alkalize Your pH: While vitamins seems like the most obvious benefit of celery juice, it should not go without saying. Celery juice is full of Vitamin A, Magnesium, and Iron. Along with it’s vitamin content, celery juice is a very alkaline substance that will balance the pH of your body.
- More Energy: Whether you lack energy due to adrenal fatigue, lack of focus, or poor digestion – celery juice is magical in all these categories. It not only supports your adrenals, but it also supports your liver. The natural occurring sodium (think natural electrolytes) and vitamins in celery juice improve the overall function of chi (energy) in the body and set you up with lots for your day!
Most of these benefits derive from the Medical Medium and as you all know, I am not a doctor. If you want more information, check out his book Liver Rescue.