When I found out I was pregnant, I bought 5 things that I have continued to use and love. If you are looking for some suggestions for the beginning of your pregnancy journey, this blogpost is for you!
- Garden of Life Prenatal One A Day Multivitamin with Folate: I am very picky about supplements and usually get all of my advice on this subject from Ana Raika at Inphinite Wellness. She recommended Garden of Life Prenatals and I have loved them so far! They are vegan, gluten free, non-GMO verified whole food multivitamins with NO synthetic binders or fillers. Also, a plus has lemon and ginger added to help fight nausea!
- The Pregnancy Project by Tracy Anderson: I am obsessed with this set of 9 workouts by the legend – Tracy Anderson – for each month of pregnancy. Tracy said she gained a lot of weight and had a hard time losing it with her first child at age 22 so when she got pregnant in her 30s, she wanted to come up with a protocol to keep her body physically fit. Rumor has it with these workouts that support pregnancy, she snapped back into shape in 11 weeks!
- Ganni Seersucker Midi Dress: I treated myself to this Ganni dress in 2 sizes too big because it looks like the perfect black dress for a fashionable pregnancy and 2 sizes up basically makes it maternity, right?
- Bringing Up Bebè by Pamela Druckerman: The most chic book on motherhood. Hypnobirthing, The Mongan Method: The closest thing I could find to meditating and making child birth not so scary thanks to some great recs from my friends!
- Jao All Over Goe Body Oil: I remember Kevin offering to take me shopping to see if it would make me feel better when I was nauseous AF. We wandered around Need Supply for awhile and I couldn’t find anything that made me feel better except for this body oil. I figured it would be amazing for my growing tummy (which it is) AND the smell helped with my nausea. All of my other perfumes and lotions I had collected pre-pregnancy were unbearable and this Jao oil was (and still is!) a lifesaver. This oil is chalk full of good ingredients aka 28 natural plant, fruit, and flower oils. It’s smells lovely and feels great on your skin!
What are your go-to products for pregnancy? Like I said in my pregnancy announcement, this is my first time so I would love all of your insight! XO