Who is looking for book recommendations?
If there is one thing I love more than looking in people’s makeup bags, it’s snooping through their book collections. Other people’s bookshelves (and what they are reading currently) intrigue me so much. Whenever I stay in an Airbnb, I always look through the host’s books. I never thought that aspect of myself was creepy until I just typed it out……….
I like to think that I enjoy other people’s book choices because of my love to read and not because I’m some snoopy person, but I’ll let you come to your own conclusion. Not only do I love to read but I am a book hoarder. Yes, my shopaholic tendencies spill over into my book purchasing habits.
And no, I don’t discriminate between actual books and iBooks. My iBooks collection is almost just as full as my bookshelves and my many, many bins of books. I say all this to explain why I have so many books on my nightstand. I like to keep a well curated collection of books within quick reach that are inspiring, uplifting, and entertaining and I think this stack does just that. No, this is not staged. This is real life people! This picture is a direct representation of what my nightstand looks like right this very second !!!!!
The List of Books on My Nightstand Right now:
- Science in Seconds: My grandpa is a successful scientist in ways that I don’t even understand enough to explain to you here. That being said, I love picking his brain and hearing his view points on scientific theories I read from – you guessed it – Dr. Joe. One day, during our quantum physics convo – he pulled out this book and gave it to me. It is a helpful book and also sentimental.
- Beautiful You – Chuck Palahniuk : I have no idea where I got this book and I have not read it yet. I read this synopsis after I took this photo and it looks a little racy! Have any of you read this one?
- That Magdalene Manuscript by Tom Kenyon and Judi Sion: This book is a beautiful, beautiful channeling of the divine feminine.
- Surpise Me by Sophie Kinsella : I have been a ginormous Sophie Kinsella fan since the Shopaholic books came out. While her non-Shopaholic books are still enjoyable, they just aren’t the same to me.
- Balancing in Heels by Kristin Cavallari: Oh, did I not mention that I am obsessed with Kristin Cavallari right now? Well I am. That’s why I bought this book.
- BECOMING SUPERNATURAL BY JOE DISPENZA: Are you even surprised? I try to reread a little bit of this every day. More on this here.
- Instastyle by Tezza: Because Tezza is Instagram and fashion blog and life goals. See how much I love her here. I highly recommend getting this book for her tips on photography especially.
- May Cause Miracles A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness by Gabby Bernstein: I read this book back in 2014 and recently came across it in my collection and moved it to my nightstand. The protocol and meditations in this book helped me alot back then and I wanted to revisit to see if it was still relevant to me now, 5 years later.
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin: I recently purchased this on one of my trips to Target. Does anyone else love perusing the book section of Target? I almost always leave with a book. I love the synopsis of this book but have yet to start it. It is about a mystical woman, after all.
What books are on your nightstand? I’d love to hear your recommendations! Hope you enjoyed mine. XO